It's absolutely NO secret that my heart is in California. Always. Forever. My roots run deep, and there isn't a place you can't go for adventure. I love it there. Truly, from the depths of my soul.
December 2009. Three months after returning from deployment to Iraq, I drove from Washington to California the day after Christmas and surprised my mom and sister. A few things from this trip:
- They had no idea I was coming.
- It was the first time in a year we saw one another.
- It was the first and last time I saw my Aunt Sharon before she passed from cancer.
- It was the second time I've ever met my my mom's brother.
- My eldest brother was born in this town 32 years ago.
- I had the best Mexican food of my life.
- The arbor in the last image is where my Aunt and Uncle were married. It's also their backyard.
- I LOVE In-N-Out.
- The old guy taking pictures of his dog melts my heart every time.
- Jeremy wasn't happy I left.
- My mom and sister came back with me and have been in WA ever since.
- The beach is one of my most favorite places on earth.